Go Back   Ice Cream Forum > Regional Ice Cream Scenes > Asia
Unread 06-22-2016, 12:21 AM

Exclamation 30 most unusual ice creams in the world

30 most unusual ice creams in the world
By Lorraine Eaton
The Virginian-Pilot
15 hrs ago
Remember High’s Ice Cream?

On summer afternoons when I was a kid, my grandfather would pile all the neighborhood kids within earshot into his Dodge Dart and treat us to ice cream at High’s.

My favorite was Charlie Brown, chocolate strafed with slubs of salted peanut butter, so exotic at the time. But recently, slots.info sent over a graphic of 30 of the world’s most unusual ice creams. Believe me, Charlie Brown did not make this list!

View full version (via Slots.info).

There’s the White Truffle Gelato that’s infused with black caviar at Bella Gelateria in Vancouver. And Crocodile Egg ice cream at Sweet Spot Artisan Ice Cream in the Philippines, made with eggs from reptiles rather than chickens, supposedly more nutritious.
There’s the controversial Breast Milk Ice Cream at a London shop. Yup. It’s just what it sounds like, and made with donated milk. Yes, really.
At yet another London shop, slots.info found workers scooping Haggis Ice Cream. And Coronation Cream, a chicken ice cream, is offered at yet another London shop.
It gets worse.

In New York City, there’s an ice cream that features burger meat and all the fixings.
But the most troubling is the raw horse flesh ice cream served in a Tokyo shop, a riff, they say, on horse flesh sashimi.
Vanilla sounds particularly good right now.
Locally, the most inventive ice creams around are at Gilly's Creamery at the Virginia Beach Farmers Market and up on the Eastern Shore at Brown Dog Ice Cream in Cape Charles.
They both update their offerings daily.
At the Brown Dog, their newest flavor is Lemon Green Tea Chia. That sounds refreshing, doesn’t it?
Earlier this week at Gilly's, the chalkboard listed Reese's Overload and Mexican Hot Chocolate.
Check them both out on Facebook.
http://www.our-haunted-island.com

Tags
exotic ice cream flavors, far-out ingredients, london ice cream, unusual ice cream