Notices

Go Back   Ice Cream Forum > Recipe Box > Desserts > Pies and Tarts
Unread 12-11-2008, 02:54 PM
New Flavor

Send a message via MSN to DarkFae Send a message via Yahoo to DarkFae
Post Peppermint Stick Hot Fudge Pie

A friend of our family used to make this every year for my family during our holidays and it was always sooooo good. It's just very colourful, fun and tastes very yummy.

Quote:
Peppermint Stick Hot Fudge Pie

Ingredients

Shell
1 1/2 cup cookie crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Filling
1 half gallon of peppermint ice cream (You can usually find this around Christmas time but some stores carry it all of the time)
1 -12 ounce jar chocolate hot fudge
Coarsely crushed striped peppermint candies

Shell
Mix the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar until thoroughly blended and press into the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool for 30 minutes and chill for a few hours.

Filling
In a chilled mixing bowl, stir ice cream until softened but not melted. Spoon the softened ice cream onto the chilled chocolate shell and chill overnight.

Pour warm chocolate fudge topping over the ice cream pie and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Place the pie in the freezer until about 10 minutes before you are ready to serve it.
And that's it! Very simple but beautiful and decadent.

“That's the scary part. I didn't know if I should smile, crack up, scream or run.”

House of Parents, The Parenting Playground
Unread 12-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Sugar Cone Kid

I've never been a fan of peppermint but I know a few people who will love this! Thanks DarkFae.
Unread 12-13-2008, 04:53 PM
New Flavor

Send a message via MSN to DarkFae Send a message via Yahoo to DarkFae

I agree, to sit down and just have a bowl of peppermint ice cream is a little overwhelming to the taste buds. But in this recipe it is really festive and not as over-powering. It really compliments the fudge and crust very well and is a nice change to the typical holiday pie theme.

“That's the scary part. I didn't know if I should smile, crack up, scream or run.”

House of Parents, The Parenting Playground
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:37 AM
New Flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFae View Post
A friend of our family used to make this every year for my family during our holidays and it was always sooooo good. It's just very colourful, fun and tastes very yummy.

And that's it! Very simple but beautiful and decadent.

It is fantastic.I've made this torte at least 10 times for Christmas - I first made it in 1996 and still have the magazine recipe which is now covered with sticky memories. My family begs me to make it every year. A word on ingredients: Newman's Own Chocolate Cookies OR Oreo cookie crumbs are both delicious as traditional chocolate wafers are hard to find. Be sure the peppermint candy tastes minty and not artificial. Brachs is a good brand of candy. I double the peppermint extract and use real heavy cream not the ultra pasteurized stuff.

Thanks!
Unread 07-04-2011, 04:47 AM
New Flavor

Here is another recipe- Peppermint Fudge Pie which is perfect for a hot summer day. Here it is:

Ingredients

24 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup crushed peppermint hard candies

Directions

Combine cookies and melted butter or margarine. Press into 9 inch pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Cool.
Put 3 cups marshmallows in a double boiler. Add milk, and cook until mixture melts and thickens. Cool in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
In another bowl, whip the cream. Blend in the crushed candy and remaining 1 cup marshmallows. Fold whipped cream mixture into melted and cooled marshmallow mixture.
Pour into crust, and chill well before serving.

Last edited by The Empress of Ice Cream; 07-12-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: we love your recipes, but your spam links aren't going to fly around here

Tags
ice cream pie, peppermint ice cream